Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Larry Johnson to Meet with Redskins Thursday

Word just broke earlier today that there is a meeting scheduled for Thursday between the new Redskins front office and former Chiefs and Bengals back Larry Johnson. Coming fresh off of last weeks layoffs, the Redskins certainly have the spots to fill with the dismissal of Betts and Cartwright.

I have mixed feelings about the possibility of the skins signing Larry Johnson. I think he could make a great backup to Portis, and do say "could". He has proven to be a bit of handful in the past couple years, which I don't think Redskins fans would put up with. Also, with Portis nearing the end of his career, Johnson is certainly no long term replacement. Although, we have all seen Larry Johnson's capabilities in the past and coupled with a healthy Portis we could see a running game somewhat reminiscant of the glory days.

I will be sure to post an update tomorrow as soon as I hear any news that may come out of the meeting. Be sure to leave a comment and let me know your thoughts on the possible addition of Larry Johnson.

No comments:

Post a Comment