Monday, March 8, 2010

Redskins Fans Find Support in Unlikely Place

I will keep this quick as it is a touchy subject, but today I received some news that I'm not sure how to react to. Redskins fans who are fed up with Dan Snyder may have found some support in an unlikely place; Emmitt Smith.

No before you go apes*!t and accuse me of being a traitor, I do realize that he also took some cheap shots at the Redskins as a whole (and I still hate him) and I do not condone that. I did however find it relieving to once again hear someone bashing the man that I hold responsible for our shortcomings in the recent past. See Emmitt's comments below and form your own opinion. I agree mostly with the part referring to Snyder's propencity for spending money with little to no football knowledge.

"I loved defeating the Redskins," said Smith. "I loved it, I loved it, I loved it with a passion. And I loved it more when Daniel Snyder got the team, for a number of reasons. I did. Because here is a guy who thought he could build a football team just because he has the money to buy players. There's more to it than that.

"And he's not a compassionate person, not a compassionate person at all from what I understand. And that makes me just want to pummel somebody. You know, you hate to see pride, wearing itself on his forehead and his chest. And to me, arrogance sticks out like a sore thumb when you talk about him. And the lack of compassion for others is a problem. Because it's not that hard to be compassionate; you just choose to."


No comments:

Post a Comment